Allow reactivation of accidentally deactivated modules (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Title: Allow reactivation of accidentally deactivated modules
- Raised by: TeaDaze
- Submission Date: 28 March 2010
- Issue ID: ???
- Rejected by CCP - Impossible given current game architecture
When you deactivate a module, the icon changes from pulsing green to pulsing red. It may not be reactivated until the cycle timer completes. This poses a minor annoyance should you deactivate a module by mistake (misclick, from F-key etc).
Edit: This is seen by the coloration of the modules outline which can be green (active), red (deactivating upon cycle completion) and none (module is neither active nor deactivating).
Allow a module being deactivated to be reactivated thus changing from red to green. Obviously this wouldn't be circumventing the cycle timer, just undoing the deactivation command.
With this change you could resume afterburners, armour repairs without having to wait till the end of the cycle, preventing speed loss or letting your tank drop.
- Able to undo a misclick on a long cycle module without having to wait till the end of the cycle
- “Quality of life” improvement
- Care needs to be taken with the implementation to ensure you can't abuse this to change weapon targets etc.
Relevant Forum Threads