CSM Meeting Minutes 4.007 raw log

From sdeevelopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt

CSM Meeting Minutes 4.007 raw log

[ 2010.03.14 18:18:13 ] ElvenLord > ===============================
[ 2010.03.14 18:18:38 ] ElvenLord > This 7th meeting of the CSM 4.0 is officially starting
[ 2010.03.14 18:18:47 ] Z0D > i could try rining Korvin on his mobile
[ 2010.03.14 18:18:48 ] ElvenLord > as you proly all read agenda is:
[ 2010.03.14 18:19:17 ] Zastrow > sweet agenda
[ 2010.03.14 18:19:22 ] ElvenLord > 1. Save and Reuse Probe Bubble Patterns2. Sorting Deliverie3. Neuts/NOS on Overview4. Ship Active Tank Bonus Buff5. Allow naming any ship in your hanger6. Align To Bookmarks7. Character Transfer Transparency and Data Cleanup
[ 2010.03.14 18:19:28 ] ElvenLord > 8. Localise the CSM Output
[ 2010.03.14 18:19:34 ] TeaDaze > Also for the record Sok is excused.
[ 2010.03.14 18:19:57 ] ElvenLord > yup Sok is excused, he said he will not be able to attend todays meeting
[ 2010.03.14 18:20:13 ] ElvenLord > something about moving to a new place
[ 2010.03.14 18:20:37 ] ElvenLord > so lets start with item no.1
[ 2010.03.14 18:20:43 ] ElvenLord > 1. Save and Reuse Probe Bubble Patterns
[ 2010.03.14 18:20:49 ] ElvenLord > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Save_and_Reuse_Scan_Probe_Patterns_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 18:21:17 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:21:18 ] ElvenLord > TD, since you raised it would you like to add anything?
[ 2010.03.14 18:21:32 ] ElvenLord > go TD
[ 2010.03.14 18:21:39 ] TeaDaze > Just to say the proposal had an option on it to restrict it to core probes only if people are concerned
[ 2010.03.14 18:21:44 ] TeaDaze > end.
[ 2010.03.14 18:21:52 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:01 ] Korvin > lol hi
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:05 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:06 ] Z0D > !lKorvin will be here in a sec
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:08 ] Z0D > :)
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:14 ] Meissa Anunthiel > why restrict it to core, ship is where it's actually needed, you're rarely in a hurry to probe exploration sites?
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:20 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:20 ] Meissa Anunthiel > [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:22 ] Korvin > we are robbing the pos
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:29 ] ElvenLord > go TD
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:30 ] Korvin > lost in time
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:42 ] ElvenLord > shhh, meeting started
[ 2010.03.14 18:22:47 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 18:23:01 ] TeaDaze > The concern would be that it becomes too quick to scan ships - I don't think it would be a problem but I'm just throwing it out there as the original thread mentioned it as a potential issue [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:23:30 ] ElvenLord > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:23:42 ] ElvenLord > me ofc go
[ 2010.03.14 18:23:45 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:23:59 ] ElvenLord > well, tbh, probes still need time to warp to locations in formation
[ 2010.03.14 18:24:10 ] ElvenLord > so I dont think it will make it that faster
[ 2010.03.14 18:24:13 ] ElvenLord > [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:24:17 ] ElvenLord > Alekseyev Karrde go
[ 2010.03.14 18:24:27 ] Alekseyev Karrde > I think the removed frustration will outweigh the demands on pvp'ers trying to evade them, This change would be a good. [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:24:58 ] Korvin > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:25:04 ] ElvenLord > Korvin go
[ 2010.03.14 18:25:21 ] Korvin > i think we can move the group of probes atm
[ 2010.03.14 18:25:29 ] Korvin > its enough [end}
[ 2010.03.14 18:26:04 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:26:39 ] ElvenLord > Alekseyev Karrde go
[ 2010.03.14 18:26:40 ] Alekseyev Karrde > except that you can only move them staticly from one spot to another, you have to move each probe individually whenenver you want to tighten or expand the range. [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:22 ] ElvenLord > can we vote on this proposal then?
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:30 ] TeaDaze > sure
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:41 ] ElvenLord > pls, vote with Y or N
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:42 ] ElvenLord > =========================
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:44 ] ElvenLord > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:44 ] Alekseyev Karrde > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:45 ] Meissa Anunthiel > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:45 ] Zastrow > yes anything that makes probing easier
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:47 ] Song Li > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:47 ] TeaDaze > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:27:48 ] Z0D > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:28:01 ] Korvin > n (not worth ccp time imo)
[ 2010.03.14 18:28:05 ] TeaDaze > Passed 7 for 1 against
[ 2010.03.14 18:28:15 ] ElvenLord > ==============================
[ 2010.03.14 18:28:21 ] ElvenLord > next on agenda is
[ 2010.03.14 18:28:36 ] ElvenLord > 2. Sorting Deliveries
[ 2010.03.14 18:28:37 ] TeaDaze > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Sorting_Deliveries_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 18:29:08 ] ElvenLord > ZOD?
[ 2010.03.14 18:29:12 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:29:23 ] ElvenLord > go
[ 2010.03.14 18:29:26 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:29:47 ] Z0D > i think this one is a good one for any corp of any size, but mostly for any corps with lots of items to sort :)
[ 2010.03.14 18:30:34 ] ElvenLord > I assume you are done so
[ 2010.03.14 18:30:37 ] ElvenLord > Alekseyev Karrde go
[ 2010.03.14 18:30:39 ] Korvin > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:30:42 ] Alekseyev Karrde > I like this except for the inclusion of sorting/assets to impounded hangers.  Seems to me if you can pay your bills you shouldnt get those items in your assets tab, including all the UI ammenities it offeres [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:10 ] ElvenLord > Korvin go
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:12 ] Korvin > i think its a good idea, and easy to do, and the other issue i was pointed recently - sorting not by page, but by all pages - would be good too [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:39 ] ElvenLord > ok, it seems we all agree, pls vote Y or N
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:41 ] ElvenLord > ===============================
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:42 ] ElvenLord > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:43 ] Korvin > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:45 ] Z0D > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:45 ] Song Li > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:51 ] Meissa Anunthiel > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:31:57 ] TeaDaze > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:32:20 ] Zastrow > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:32:35 ] Alekseyev Karrde > N
[ 2010.03.14 18:32:39 ] TeaDaze > passes 7 for, 1 against
[ 2010.03.14 18:32:45 ] ElvenLord > =========================
[ 2010.03.14 18:32:51 ] ElvenLord > next is 3. Neuts/NOS on Overview
[ 2010.03.14 18:32:52 ] TeaDaze > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Neuts/NOS_on_Overview_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 18:33:42 ] ElvenLord > This is a simple matter of nos/neuts showing up on overview as web, screm, jamm show
[ 2010.03.14 18:33:49 ] Alekseyev Karrde > aye
[ 2010.03.14 18:33:50 ] TeaDaze > Agreed
[ 2010.03.14 18:33:51 ] ElvenLord > and I find it reasonable tbh
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:01 ] Z0D > agreed
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:02 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:03 ] ElvenLord > even expected when it was added in the first place
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:10 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:17 ] Meissa Anunthiel > could we add energy transfers and remote reppers?
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:35 ] Alekseyev Karrde > you have friendlies on your overview?
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:40 ] Meissa Anunthiel > In "spider" situations, it's sometimes annoying not to be able to see who's feeding you and who not
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:40 ] ElvenLord > :D
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:42 ] Meissa Anunthiel > [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:50 ] Korvin > !!
[ 2010.03.14 18:34:57 ] ElvenLord > Korvin go
[ 2010.03.14 18:35:01 ] ElvenLord > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:35:04 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:35:14 ] Meissa Anunthiel > (I have friendlies when I'm playing carrier/logistics)
[ 2010.03.14 18:35:29 ] Korvin > if we will do lots of icons - the interface way be too overloaded with the info
[ 2010.03.14 18:35:47 ] Korvin > so if you will do neuts|nos and all transfers
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:02 ] Zastrow > im with korvin
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:05 ] Korvin > we would theed the options, to setup the one we want to see
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:11 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:11 ] Korvin > *need
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:14 ] Korvin > [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:18 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:31 ] ElvenLord > ElvenLord go
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:33 ] ElvenLord > I do not agree with adding remote reps/transfers. Nos/neut is ewar and is enough
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:52 ] ElvenLord > adding remote reps will just clog the overview as Korvin said
[ 2010.03.14 18:36:55 ] ElvenLord > [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:01 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:01 ] Alekseyev Karrde > I dont think an option would be a bad idea but i dont think it's worth CCP
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:02 ] TeaDaze > What Korvin and Elven said - offensive ewar etc is more pressing than friendly icons [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:05 ] Alekseyev Karrde > sry
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:21 ] Song Li > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:28 ] ElvenLord > Song Li go
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:47 ] Song Li > Why not just have all remote effects toggles peopole could choose for their overview settings.. best of both worlds then [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:37:55 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:05 ] ElvenLord > Alekseyev Karrde go
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:13 ] Alekseyev Karrde > I dont think an option for all remote effects would be a bad idea but i dont think it's worth CCP's time to cover up the clutter.  Feature was designed to show offensive ewar effects and it's fine in that role. [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:40 ] ElvenLord > lets vote on proposal as it is. Just all offencive ewar in overview
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:45 ] ElvenLord > vote Y or N
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:47 ] ElvenLord > =====================
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:48 ] ElvenLord > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:48 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:49 ] Alekseyev Karrde > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:51 ] Meissa Anunthiel > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:53 ] Korvin > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:38:57 ] Song Li > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:39:10 ] TeaDaze > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:39:22 ] ElvenLord > /emote sry ZOD too slow :P
[ 2010.03.14 18:39:37 ] Z0D > i put he ! to say something... :)
[ 2010.03.14 18:39:40 ] Z0D > for those certain icons should only be viewable if you are the intended recipient of the action or it will be as Korvin say, heaviliy clog up the overview and also selectable within options[/end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:39:53 ] Z0D > and Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:00 ] ElvenLord > :D
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:06 ] ElvenLord > Zas and greg?
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:13 ] Zastrow > yea
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:15 ] ElvenLord > ah just zastrow
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:22 ] TeaDaze > passes 8 for
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:27 ] Zastrow > i was getting a drink !
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:28 ] TeaDaze > Assuming that was a Yes :P
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:31 ] ElvenLord > ==========================
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:33 ] Alekseyev Karrde > Alekseyev Karrde > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:39 ] ElvenLord > next is: 4. Ship Active Tank Bonus Buff
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:41 ] TeaDaze > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ship_Active_Tank_Bonus_Buff_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:46 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:40:55 ] ElvenLord > Alekseyev Karrde go
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:04 ] Alekseyev Karrde > We mentioned this in Iceland, but i'll vote for it again anyway.  WANT. [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:13 ] ElvenLord > :D
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:14 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:19 ] Alekseyev Karrde > (if anything 10% is too small)
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:20 ] Korvin > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:28 ] ElvenLord > yes, just for meeting minutes, this was discussed in Iceland
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:35 ] ElvenLord > partially and unofficial
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:38 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 18:41:56 ] TeaDaze > Promoting different options is good and I support this idea, though the percentage boost can be altered from 10% depending on testing [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:42:08 ] ElvenLord > Korvin go
[ 2010.03.14 18:42:17 ] Korvin > active tank is for 1 vs 1 and small fleeets are good, if you want to boost it, that should be a very slight boost
[ 2010.03.14 18:42:27 ] ElvenLord > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:42:35 ] Korvin > im not even sure we should boost it
[ 2010.03.14 18:42:41 ] Korvin > [Cnd]
[ 2010.03.14 18:42:53 ] ElvenLord > ElvenLord go
[ 2010.03.14 18:42:56 ] ElvenLord > I agree with Korvin, and I would not go above 9-9,5% bonus
[ 2010.03.14 18:43:14 ] ElvenLord > [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:43:52 ] ElvenLord > anyone else or we can vote on it?
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:29 ] Z0D > lets vote.
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:35 ] ElvenLord > ok vote Y or N
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:37 ] ElvenLord > =========================
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:37 ] TeaDaze > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:39 ] ElvenLord > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:39 ] Song Li > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:41 ] Z0D > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:44:44 ] Korvin > not sure
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:01 ] TeaDaze > You have to say Y or N, can't abstain
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:07 ] Meissa Anunthiel > N
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:09 ] Alekseyev Karrde > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:23 ] Korvin > n (im scared)
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:29 ] ElvenLord > rofl
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:32 ] Song Li > hehe
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:32 ] Z0D > hehe
[ 2010.03.14 18:45:49 ] TeaDaze > Passes 5 for 2 against - waiting on Zas though
[ 2010.03.14 18:46:03 ] ElvenLord > John my love, pls vote
[ 2010.03.14 18:46:05 ] ElvenLord > :D
[ 2010.03.14 18:46:11 ] Alekseyev Karrde > lol
[ 2010.03.14 18:46:34 ] Z0D > small declaration there Elven :D
[ 2010.03.14 18:46:35 ] Song Li > You two did make a cute couple ;-)
[ 2010.03.14 18:46:54 ] ElvenLord > !!!!!! we are a cute couple :P
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:28 ] ElvenLord > ok moving on
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:30 ] ElvenLord > ====================
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:32 ] ElvenLord > 5. Allow naming any ship in your hanger
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:36 ] TeaDaze > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Allow_naming_any_ship_in_your_hanger_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:38 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:40 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:42 ] ElvenLord > one more minor thingie
[ 2010.03.14 18:47:45 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:01 ] TeaDaze > Pretty simple, this is annoying for carrier pilots, or people who assemble ships for corp. Right click option and done  [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:09 ] Alekseyev Karrde > c
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:15 ] ElvenLord > Z0D go
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:23 ] Z0D > if we can stop having to board ships to rename them when in our own hangar, would be really about time they do it [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:42 ] ElvenLord > cool, lets vote on this, Y or N
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:43 ] ElvenLord > ===================
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:45 ] ElvenLord > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:45 ] TeaDaze > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:46 ] Z0D > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:50 ] Zastrow > yy
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:52 ] Song Li > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:48:53 ] Korvin > y (if its easy for ccp)
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:00 ] Alekseyev Karrde > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:11 ] Zastrow > oh i must not have hit enter on the last vote.  so yea tahts 2 y's
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:21 ] TeaDaze > Passes 7 for - waiting on Meissa
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:28 ] TeaDaze > Noted Zas, thanks
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:38 ] Meissa Anunthiel > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:44 ] TeaDaze > Passes 8 for
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:46 ] ElvenLord > thats 6 for 2 against on last vote
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:51 ] ElvenLord > =======================
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:53 ] ElvenLord > NEXT: 6. Align To Bookmarks
[ 2010.03.14 18:49:55 ] TeaDaze > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Allign_to_Bookmarks_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:03 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:08 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:11 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:20 ] TeaDaze > I think this was covered in the bookmarks overhaul, but I agree it is needed [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:50 ] ElvenLord > yes it was covered in it and during corporate bookmarks discussion during Iceland summit
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:51 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:53 ] ElvenLord > Z0D go
[ 2010.03.14 18:50:55 ] Z0D > i think that one would be most appreciated, everyone i spoke to, wants this to be implemented and it makes sense [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:16 ] ElvenLord > anyone else?
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:41 ] ElvenLord > then move on to voting, y or N pls
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:43 ] ElvenLord > =====================
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:44 ] ElvenLord > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:45 ] Meissa Anunthiel > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:46 ] Korvin > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:46 ] TeaDaze > Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:51:46 ] Z0D > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:52:04 ] Song Li > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:52:23 ] TeaDaze > Passes 6 for - wating on Aleks and Zas
[ 2010.03.14 18:52:44 ] Z0D > i think its safe to say they also want Y
[ 2010.03.14 18:52:53 ] TeaDaze > We can't assume anything :P
[ 2010.03.14 18:53:01 ] Z0D > :)
[ 2010.03.14 18:53:08 ] TeaDaze > It won't change the outcome at this point but we need 7 votes
[ 2010.03.14 18:53:19 ] ElvenLord > /emote is making cafe till they vote
[ 2010.03.14 18:53:52 ] Z0D > /emote passes a pen to Alek and Zas..
[ 2010.03.14 18:55:21 ] Alekseyev Karrde > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:55:30 ] Alekseyev Karrde > sry, pvp
[ 2010.03.14 18:55:35 ] TeaDaze > Passes 8 for - Zas afk?
[ 2010.03.14 18:55:41 ] TeaDaze > erm, 7 for
[ 2010.03.14 18:55:46 ] Zastrow > y
[ 2010.03.14 18:55:54 ] TeaDaze > Passes 8 for - excellent
[ 2010.03.14 18:56:00 ] Z0D > /emote takes pen back from Zas
[ 2010.03.14 18:56:13 ] ElvenLord > ==========================
[ 2010.03.14 18:56:18 ] ElvenLord > next: 7. Character Transfer Transparency and Data Cleanup
[ 2010.03.14 18:56:19 ] TeaDaze > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Character_Transfer_Transparency_and_Data_Cleanup_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 18:56:23 ] Song Li > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:56:30 ] ElvenLord > Song Li go
[ 2010.03.14 18:56:41 ] Song Li > I do't like the idea that toons are flagged as being transfered [end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:57:22 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:57:27 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 18:57:31 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:58:18 ] Meissa Anunthiel > was discussed in CSM 3, CCP objected to the clearing of data except stuff petition related, as they considered the "pristine" value of some characters to be part of their value, among other factors. [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:58:37 ] ElvenLord > Z0D go
[ 2010.03.14 18:58:38 ] Z0D > it was 50/50 on that part when i asked around Alek, we could modify it to remain for that part as in the past.
[ 2010.03.14 18:59:08 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 18:59:09 ] Z0D > to some degree some stuff should be optional for cleanup if a user wants to clean up except obvious things that are part of the char [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 18:59:16 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 18:59:21 ] Korvin > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:00:12 ] Meissa Anunthiel > they also objected to characters having visibly been traded (passing through a "special" corp). I'm not against this proposal, but it's a "making easy to clear data", change the proposal in that direction so it doesn't get opposed on the other front.
[ 2010.03.14 19:00:14 ] Meissa Anunthiel > [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:00:28 ] ElvenLord > Korvin go
[ 2010.03.14 19:00:36 ] Korvin > if the player want to clear that info, he can do it by himself, and as for combat logs, they are the the eve history
[ 2010.03.14 19:00:51 ] Korvin > someone have that km and proud of them
[ 2010.03.14 19:01:06 ] Korvin > so i dont think its a good proposal
[ 2010.03.14 19:01:12 ] ElvenLord > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:01:34 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:02:15 ] ElvenLord > ElvenLord go
[ 2010.03.14 19:02:16 ] ElvenLord > As for transfering to CCP for security ... kinda ok, as for clearing date no
[ 2010.03.14 19:02:20 ] ElvenLord > [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:02:25 ] ElvenLord > Alekseyev Karrde go
[ 2010.03.14 19:02:26 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:02:38 ] Alekseyev Karrde > I think having a break in character pvp data would be great but not scrubbing a charactyers history
[ 2010.03.14 19:03:05 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:03:29 ] Korvin > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:03:29 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 19:03:41 ] TeaDaze > I'm not convinced that having a visible flag for a transferred char is a desirable change. I have less of an issue with having the option to scrub bookmarks etc but that can be done already by the seller. [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:03:53 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 19:03:55 ] Meissa Anunthiel > I'm either way totally against a mandatory passage through a special NPC corp, as that makes it impossible for people to sell characters as spies. [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:04:07 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:04:10 ] ElvenLord > Korvin go
[ 2010.03.14 19:04:20 ] Korvin > adding the info about the char sale in the employment history is a good idea
[ 2010.03.14 19:04:29 ] Korvin > and thats enough
[ 2010.03.14 19:04:34 ] Korvin > end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:04:36 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:03 ] TeaDaze > Well in theory all for sale chars end up for a small amount of time in an npc corp but that can also happen when people change corps. The idea of a special transfer corp is damaging to metagaming and I dislike it [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:31 ] ElvenLord > hmm, then ..
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:36 ] ElvenLord > lets vote on proposal as it is
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:40 ] ElvenLord > y or N
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:40 ] Zastrow > i dont like the idea of branding a character wth a scarlet letter because they were sold
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:45 ] ElvenLord > ==============================
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:47 ] ElvenLord > n
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:47 ] TeaDaze > N
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:48 ] Song Li > n
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:48 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:50 ] Zastrow > n
[ 2010.03.14 19:05:50 ] Korvin > n
[ 2010.03.14 19:06:04 ] Alekseyev Karrde > n
[ 2010.03.14 19:06:08 ] Meissa Anunthiel > n
[ 2010.03.14 19:06:37 ] TeaDaze > Proposal rejected 7 against. Z0d is for?
[ 2010.03.14 19:06:46 ] Z0D > y
[ 2010.03.14 19:06:55 ] ElvenLord > NOTE: there are parts of this proposal that are kinda OK, if some of you feel we can do informal talks and maybe rewrite it for next meeting
[ 2010.03.14 19:06:58 ] TeaDaze > Proposal rejected 7 against. 1 for
[ 2010.03.14 19:07:04 ] ElvenLord > =============================
[ 2010.03.14 19:07:09 ] ElvenLord > NEXT: 8. Localise the CSM Output
[ 2010.03.14 19:07:12 ] TeaDaze > http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Localise_the_CSM_Output_%28CSM%29
[ 2010.03.14 19:07:25 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:07:53 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:07:53 ] ElvenLord > why do I have a feeling we talked about this in Iceland in like hotel lobby
[ 2010.03.14 19:07:56 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 19:08:00 ] TeaDaze > If the CSm agree to this idea it will be up to CCP to decide how it can be implemented, so we are not talking specific implementation just the overall idea [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:08:10 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 19:08:35 ] Meissa Anunthiel > I fail to see what prevents people from localizing things already. I don't see why this needs to be voted on. They want to do it, let them do it. they don't, well, they don't. case closed. [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:08:42 ] Alekseyev Karrde > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:08:46 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:09:04 ] Alekseyev Karrde > Agree with Meissa, there's nothing in the game stopping people from posting translated works or adding them to the wiki
[ 2010.03.14 19:09:14 ] ElvenLord > Meissa, this would be a formal proposal from CSM, and I guess it would have to go trough ISD as thay maintain eve wiki
[ 2010.03.14 19:09:18 ] ElvenLord > Alekseyev Karrde go
[ 2010.03.14 19:09:24 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:09:39 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 19:09:51 ] Korvin > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:09:53 ] TeaDaze > We did discuss it off the record in the hotel, but that was due to the issue being raised too late to be discussed before Iceland and but on the official agenda. Anything going onto the Wiki will need CCP to agree to the idea
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:09 ] ElvenLord > ah yea
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:12 ] TeaDaze > I did offer space to the proposer to host them on my server, but it would be better to be on the wiki [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:12 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:17 ] Meissa Anunthiel > the wiki is in english, there's no localization there. All the localization about any eve content happens elsewhere. Integrating localisation in the wiki is just a bad precedent that will make everyone whine to get everything ELSE localized, and adds a
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:28 ] ElvenLord > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:43 ] Meissa Anunthiel > ton of overhead for the ISD. Not a good idea at all... [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:47 ] ElvenLord > Korvin go
[ 2010.03.14 19:10:49 ] Song Li > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:11:01 ] Korvin > i translate some eve materials myself, from english to russian, there is lots of translation problems, and you cant just translate everything
[ 2010.03.14 19:11:22 ] Korvin > ccp would need the crew like 20 ppl only for the russian localization in this case
[ 2010.03.14 19:11:32 ] Z0D > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:11:33 ] Korvin > but i would like to see devblogs
[ 2010.03.14 19:11:38 ] Korvin > and csm summary
[ 2010.03.14 19:11:41 ] Korvin > localised
[ 2010.03.14 19:11:58 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:12:10 ] ElvenLord > ElvenLord go
[ 2010.03.14 19:12:27 ] ElvenLord > Take it this way, eve client is already being localized, so why not wiki too? It will lower the entry level to a lot of data like tutorials and so on, not to mention devblogs [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:12:34 ] ElvenLord > Song Li go
[ 2010.03.14 19:12:50 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:12:52 ] Song Li > Is google translate insufficient for this kind of thing? It's what I do when I go to non english sites and for the most part seems sufficient. [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:12:55 ] Korvin > ! to ElvenLord
[ 2010.03.14 19:13:20 ] ElvenLord > Z0D go
[ 2010.03.14 19:13:35 ] Z0D > agree there, those 20 person (Korvin) could be used for more important things that affect the client of all localisations first as well, specific game things should be translatated through [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:13:37 ] Korvin > eve client localization is still on the work, i cant say that localisation there is finished
[ 2010.03.14 19:14:20 ] ElvenLord > yes I know Korvin, but appart from english one there is also german client and few more already running, russian is in preparation
[ 2010.03.14 19:14:24 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 19:14:26 ] Meissa Anunthiel > I know that for french, german and spanish, the devblogs are already translated by volunteers on localized "web portals" decidated to eve. I saw a couple of localized russian devblogs as well. What more is there to ask? Don't put more burden on CCP[/end
[ 2010.03.14 19:15:12 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:15:17 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 19:15:18 ] ElvenLord > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:15:18 ] TeaDaze > The idea is that people willing to translate will have some way to do so - it would be flagged as player translated and shouldn't add a significant overhead to CCP. Also the wiki has recently been changed to remove moderation outside certain core topics
[ 2010.03.14 19:15:53 ] TeaDaze > These are NOT for CCP to translate. Also it is a way to reward people for the effort they put in to allow the translations to sit on the same site as the english versions [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:16:27 ] ElvenLord > ElvenLord go
[ 2010.03.14 19:16:28 ] ElvenLord > eve.wiki is a central point same like eve-online web site. Trying to find info out of it takes a lot of time, thus localization on few mayor languages would be desireble
[ 2010.03.14 19:16:32 ] TeaDaze > (And they will be tagged as contributers to the wiki etc as normal)
[ 2010.03.14 19:16:53 ] ElvenLord > so browsing trough local sites trying to find apropriate translation is a bit hard
[ 2010.03.14 19:17:31 ] ElvenLord > doing it on eve-online site and wili would lower entry level. And it does not mean it will be more work for CCP itself [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:17:40 ] Meissa Anunthiel > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:17:45 ] ElvenLord > Meissa Anunthiel go
[ 2010.03.14 19:17:50 ] Meissa Anunthiel > it'll add work for the ISD who have to approve the pages. [/end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:18:21 ] TeaDaze > !
[ 2010.03.14 19:18:25 ] ElvenLord > you can always add few volountiers to the ISD that would do only that
[ 2010.03.14 19:18:28 ] ElvenLord > TeaDaze go
[ 2010.03.14 19:18:37 ] Z0D > agree with you Elven
[ 2010.03.14 19:18:43 ] TeaDaze > Read what I said, the moderation queue on the wiki has been removed outside official pages [end]
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:28 ] ElvenLord > the exact load and so on on this cant be determened before consulting CCP and ISD so for now lets vote on this
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:31 ] ElvenLord > y or N
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:33 ] ElvenLord > ===============================
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:34 ] ElvenLord > Y
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:37 ] TeaDaze > Y
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:43 ] Z0D > y
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:45 ] Alekseyev Karrde > y
[ 2010.03.14 19:19:50 ] Meissa Anunthiel > N
[ 2010.03.14 19:20:05 ] Korvin > y
[ 2010.03.14 19:20:20 ] ElvenLord > song and zas?
[ 2010.03.14 19:20:39 ] Song Li > Sure
[ 2010.03.14 19:20:50 ] TeaDaze > Passes 6 for, 1 against - waiting on Zas
[ 2010.03.14 19:21:00 ] Korvin > cyrillic wiki ftw)
[ 2010.03.14 19:21:04 ] ElvenLord > :D
[ 2010.03.14 19:21:16 ] Z0D > KOrvin as a voluntary to help :D
[ 2010.03.14 19:21:30 ] TeaDaze > CSM Mayor is afk again?
[ 2010.03.14 19:21:31 ] ElvenLord > come on Zas
[ 2010.03.14 19:21:44 ] ElvenLord > I have 2500 angry fans waiting
[ 2010.03.14 19:22:04 ] TeaDaze > We need moer mp3s ;)
[ 2010.03.14 19:22:22 ] ElvenLord > new album will be out in 1 month
[ 2010.03.14 19:22:28 ] Alekseyev Karrde > album?
[ 2010.03.14 19:22:40 ] ElvenLord > 1 compilation with our song is out already, 2 more in next 2 weeks
[ 2010.03.14 19:22:44 ] ElvenLord > :D
[ 2010.03.14 19:22:54 ] ElvenLord > then the entire summer of festival gigs
[ 2010.03.14 19:22:58 ] ElvenLord > \o/
[ 2010.03.14 19:23:02 ] ElvenLord > and  :(
[ 2010.03.14 19:23:15 ] TeaDaze > We have the min number of votes for this issue and it has passed, so if Zas is afk again we can move on and schedule the next meeting at a better time ;)
[ 2010.03.14 19:23:17 ] ElvenLord > guys from my office will kill me
[ 2010.03.14 19:23:34 ] ElvenLord > next meeting is on 28th march @18:00
[ 2010.03.14 19:23:36 ] ElvenLord > :D
[ 2010.03.14 19:23:40 ] ElvenLord > in 2 weeks
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:04 ] ElvenLord > if OK with all
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:05 ] Z0D > i guess Mrs partied very late, as missed the meet hehe
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:11 ] Zastrow > i left trzzbk a voice mail calling hm gay
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:12 ] Z0D > anytime is good for me
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:23 ] ElvenLord > cool then its settled
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:26 ] TeaDaze > Zas, y/n on localisations?
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:33 ] Zastrow > y
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:37 ] TeaDaze > Passes 7 for, 1 against
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:40 ] TeaDaze > excellent
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:53 ] ElvenLord > This meeting is over, next one on 28th march @18:00 eve-time
[ 2010.03.14 19:24:55 ] ElvenLord > ============================