Competence of the GM department (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: Vuk Lau
- Submission Date: 09 August 2009
- Issue ID: tbd
GM department is not doing their job properly
- GM team has lack of knowledge regarding game-mechanics
- Low-level GM's are unprofessional and usually only warrant an escalation to a more senior GM to solve the issue
- General consensus that GM team is not reading petitions / annoying at "cut+paste" type answers, mostly regarding the "logs show nothing" type answer
- Feeling that GM team is corrupt/incompetent due to issues such as GM's being biased / making decisions along the BOBR name change issue
- Disorganization of GM team, especially regarding the "reimbursement policy" or lack thereof
- The long time it takes for petitions to get answered
- Players loss of trust in the support/GM system
- No consequence to players abusing the petition system!
- Revisiting the GM hiring policy, including a test (?) for game mechanics knowledge
- Increasing GM count in order to reduce stress on each GM, so we get the feeling of being answered by REAL humans and not a C+P machine
- Creation of a new method to monitor game mechanics in which logs actually mean something and not just an "go-away" GM answer
- Creation of a PUBLIC rules and regulations regarding GM do's and dont's, specifically reimbursement.
- House cleanup by IA department (or creation of one if it doesn't exist) and clearing up all the "rotten apples" . Although there is no public T20 yet, I doubt the GM department is fully clean.
I am proposing separate meeting with Lead Game Masters during CSM meetings on Iceland to thorougly discuss about this issue.
- Customers Happy
Relevant Forum Threads
- Dierdra Vaal - no
- mazzilliu - yes
- Zastrow J - yes
- Erik Finnegan - yes
- Avalloc - no
- Omber Zombie - yes
- Larkonis Trassler - yes
- Meissa Anunthiel - yes
- Shatana Fulfairas - yes