Drone protocols (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
Raised by: Bunyip
Submission Date: 01-01-2009
Issue ID: 0201-15-0101
Pretty much everybody in the game has experienced the pain of losing drones in missions due to disconnects, and this idea seeks to resolve that. Included below is a list of options to help mitigate the pain by making drones act more logically.
- Drones automatically return to ship upon disconnect
- Drones are saved, allowing the mission-runner to continue where he left off.
- The ship would be locked into combat for a short time as the drones return.
- Drones no longer are shot by the pirates upon disconnection, slightly increasing their longevity.
- A new skill - Drone Protocols - determines how far the drones return from before warping off
- Sets an emergency warp-back range, allowing most if not all drones to return to the ship.
- Creates a new ‘must train’ skill for drone users or other advanced mission runners.
- Creates an unpredictable variance in mission rewards, as some meta 1+ goods have extremely high ISK values.
- Drones can be tractor beamed back to the ship
- Less space needed to fly to the drones to get them back onto the ship.
- The ship would still need to fly closer to the drones to re-activate them.
- Drones may still be destroyed by pirates while the pilot is offline.
- Drones return to the warp-in beacon when the pilot disconnects
- Drones are automatically awaiting pickup by the pilot upon his re-entry.
- Drones still suffer damage from NPC attacks while they return to the beacon.
Relevant Forum Threads