Exploit List (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: Alekseyev Karrde
- Submission Date: 20 December 2009
- Issue ID: tbd
Nothing gets more exasperating than people arguing about what is and isn't an exploit. Nothing infuriates people more than the abuse of an exploit, either real or perceived. The various dev blogs/posts and GM rulings on what is and isn't a known exploit issue are so scattered throughout the forums and history, if known at all, that even the GMs themselves do not have a consistent response to reports or claims of exploits.
If the GM department can't keep it straight, how could a new player be expected to?
- Compile and keep updated a list of known exploits
- Compile and keep updated a list of actions frequently reported as exploits but actually fall within the game rules and work as intended
- If possible, and this is strongly recommend, publish both of these sets of information to the player base on the EVE Wiki. Update that wiki page on a regular basis.
- More consistent GM response to petitions claiming mechanic abuse
- Make GM's job a little more easier by providing them guidance and precedents
- Increased transparency
- Allow players to more easily identify when someone is exploiting and report that to the GMs
- Decrease the number of erroneous or groundless exploit petitions
- Will increase the documentation burden on the GM dept
- Though it increases the likelihood they would be reported for acting on it, players would have knowledge of how and where to exploit they may not otherwise have gained
Relevant Forum Threads
- Assembly Hall