Fix plex keys (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: mazzilliu
- Submission Date: Sunday september 27th 16:00
- Issue ID: tbd
Plex keys have the effect of making plexers invincible. Unless you go through the effort or have the luck of getting a key yourself, there will be no way for you to get past the first room of a plex, and anyone past that point is practically NPCing in perfect safety. Also, right after downtime, players can lock each other out of a plex by sitting cloaked and preventing the plex from despawning. If the cloaker is not caught, there is no possible way to counter this tactic.
The end result of this is the ability of people to make tons of money based on abuse of game mechanics and their ability to play right after downtime.
1. Remove plex keys. Replace the conditions on acceleration gates to be based on whether a certain NPC is dead or alive in the current room, or something along those lines. 2. Add periodic respawning of frigates that approach cloaked ships. Make them easy to kill if you actually have any intention of NPCing, but otherwise will decloak ships trying to AFK all day.
- reduced wealth to people abusing game mechanics that are not available to everybody
- makes it more difficult for macroers to NPC in peace
- no more invincible NPCing when there are hostiles in local and they just can't get in no matter what.
- takes some time to go through the old plex systems and re-work the acceleration gates. and implement the decloaking frigs.
Relevant Forum Threads