Group market orders (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: Dierdra Vaal
- Submission Date: 2010 February 27
- Issue ID: tbd
As a player, I am able to assign my market orders to groups, and display only market orders from specific groups.
In Eve, players can have up to 305 market orders per character. Due to the way this is displayed in the market window, it can become very tiresome to keep track of your market orders if you have a lot of them. This proposal requests some way for players to be able to assign market orders to groups, which would enable them to then display only market orders from specific groups. It is important to note that players should have the freedom to define/name their own groups. They should not be imposed by CCP.
The text below describes the requested feature in more detail in order to further illustrate the desired functionality of this feature
In the original propsals two similar ideas are brought forward: folders and tabs. Based on conversations with the original authors, I think a labelling system (similar to eve mail's labels) would be the most flexible and powerful option.
Being able to assign multiple labels to a market order, and allowing the market orders to be filtered on multiple labels would (for example) allow a trader to:
- display only his market orders in Amarr (label for all his market orders in Amarr)
- display only his Tech 2 item market orders
- display only his Ships (label for al hisl market orders selling/buying ships) being sold in Jita 4-4 (label for all his market orders in jita 4-4) - this would be a logical AND relationship between labels: both labels have to apply for a market order to show up
- Display only his mineral market orders and his PI products orders - this would be a logical INCLUSIVE OR relationship between labels: for a market order to show up, it has to have one (or both) of these labels
- etc etc etc
Additional ideas for this feature
- Expose these groups/labels/categories in the API
- Allow some mechanism for labels/categories/groups to be automatically applied to new market orders when the market order is being placed.
- A way to search through market orders would be appreciated
- It becomes a lot easier to manage market orders
Relevant Forum Threads