Hide avatars in channel participants list (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
See also: UI chat channel pilot listing (CSM)
- Title: Hide avatars in channel participants list
- Raised by: Dierdra Vaal
- Submission Date: 21 January 2011
- Issue ID: ???
Currently, players are able to choose between Zero, Small and Large portraits in chat channels. Players can also choose to display no participant listing.
However, players currently have no way to remove the portraits from the chat participants list and only display names and standings icons. This forces each participant to take up more screen real estate which is disadvantageous for crowded channels (or channels that only get a small bit of screen space) and makes it more annoying for pilots to keep track of channel participants.
This request is one that players keep bringing up.
Players should get the option to disable portraits in the chat channel participants listing. This should reduce the vertical height of each participant entry significantly, allowing players to see more participants in the same amount of vertical space.
Standings/outlaw/war/etc icons should remain visible.
- Use our precious screen real estate more efficiently and avoid displaying unnecessary information (portraits)
- Might increase information fed to bots by displaying more information in the same amount of vertical space.
Relevant Forum Threads
- http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/User_Interface_-_Big_Wins%2C_Fan_Favorites_and_Low_Hanging_Fruit_(CSM) Number 30
- Meissa Anunthiel - Yes
- Vuk Lau - Yes
- Trebor Daehdoow - Yes
- Korvin - Yes
- Mynxee - Yes
- Dierdra Vaal - Yes
- mazzilliu - Yes
- TeaDaze - Yes
- Helen Highwater - Yes