Imperial Republic of the North (Player alliance)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
|Name||Imperial Republic of the North|
|Founded||2005.03.15 (About Lunchtime).|
|Alliance CEO|| Betabob|
|Website||Forums and Website|
|Members|| E X O D U S|
The Imperial Republic of the North <IRON> is a northern coalition 0.0 alliance, formed on 16th March 2005 with the Following Announcement.
Founding corporations include E X O D U S and VentureCorp, with InterGalactic Corp and Synergy following soon after. The Imperial Republic of the North has traditionally been based in the Deklein region, however all current Sovereignty is held in Scalding Pass.
Past Member Corporations
Past member corporations include:
- Aus Corporation
- No Quarter.
- The Arrow Project
- Macabre Votum
- Old farts
- Port Royal Independent Kontractors
- Vanguard Frontiers
- Dirt Nap Squad
- Ascent of Ages
- Minds Of Space
- Nuclear Reactor Inc
- Forsakened Few
- F.R.E.E. Explorer
Notable events in IRON's history:
The Imperial Republic of the North did not form until 2005. However many of its founding corporations worked together in older alliances, including:
- The year of many changes
- IRON formed. 
- IRON gaines Deklein.
- IRON soon loses Deklein. A pattern which will repeat through alliance history.
- IRON regains control of Deklein and the conquerable station in VFK-IV.
- Pre-NC North
- IRON cleaned up and moved out of Deklein. Freighters were used in a mass-Evacuation and nothing was left behind.
- Reclassifing itself as a non-spaceholding 0.0 alliance, Iron engages targets of oppertunity for the fun of its membership.
- Basing out of Agil, IRON engages the forces of Ascendant Frontier, Axiom Empire and those of the Smashkill Coalition in and around Stain. This is treated as a period of fun and returning to game basics to relieve the stress accumulated by pilots from the previous campaigning.
Return to Deklein
- The fun was over
- IRON returned north to heed a call to arms. It had been decided by the pre-NC Northern powers that the owners of Deklein at the time, the Northern Freedom Coalition, <NFC>, ought to be removed from their holdings. After securing the vital northern corridor of EC-P8R for several days warships moved into staging areas with allies Freelancer Alliance, <FLA> and a major offensive was launched against VFK-IV.
- The NFC was prepared and equiped in full for the battle, with many changes of ships prepared. IRON engaged with FLA by jumping into the hostile prepared Camp complete with Warp Disruption Bubbles anchored in place. The losses for NFC was massive, some pilots losing more than three ships each. Due to excessive Poddings, NFC pilots even reported losses of Skill Points after forgetting to reset their Clones to the required standard. However, the ceaseless numbers were telling and the battle ended with IRON and FLA being forced to order a retreat from the field.
- Mopping up
- As a result of the battle, NFC retreated from the entire area, once VFK-IV was secured they were was persued through the region.
- Lag remained a problem throughout the entire campaign and response time in battle could be measured in the tens of minutes.
- 3JN9-Q became the last stand of the NFC who set up a number of Large Towers there. Dreadnoughts and Carriers were brought in to remove these and the system had to be held with overlapping shifts for three long days to prevent Refueling until the reinforcement timers ran out.
- Several attempts were made to break the seige, but ultimately the beseigers held and the towers fell. The system's station fell to FLA and IRON.
- Victory Stolen
- As IRON and allies began clean-up operations around the region, the previously neutral alliance, SPARTA entered the war. Various NFC corporations joined with SPARTA and several systems Sovereignty flipped to them. The ultimatum was made that these systems must be surrendered to IRON and allies at once.
- SPARTA began to attempt to elicit sympathy from nearby Pre-NC Northern alliances and requested their help in defence of their obtained systems. Claims were made on the Eve forum CAOD that IRON was so desperate they had hired Mercenary alliance X13 against them to do their fighting for them.
Within the week SPARTA disbands under attack from IRON and D2.
In a moment of sublime footbullet it was soon discovered that SPARTA hired X13 on themselves to gain sympathy and support in the war they were losing, a move which backfired given their crippling losses in empire to the highly efficient Mercenaries.
- That Pattern again
- Once again, IRON is ousted from their territory of Deklein.
- IRON and INVICTUS merge.
- IRON takes up residency in the Malpais region of the Dronelands. Largely present in the constellations of GDBW-2 and UL8-RD where they held capital stations.
- A busy year
- Roaming Gangs search for PvP in many regions, as far from home territories as Catch with interesting results.
- Assisting the NC in the war against the first incarnation of Triumvirate, IRON kills a mothership and is a major part of the battle of Z-K495.
- IRON heads back to Deklein in order to retake key systems, following the collapse of TRI.
- Successfully retaking Deklein IRON holds large sections of two regions for a period.
- Sudden Start
- With very little warning that they would be the first target, IRON barely has time to form a fleet before several hundred GBC Capitals begin flooding NPC staging areas. Hasty lines are drawn and GBC attacked IRON in force.
- July 10th, all hell breaks loose for IRON, with less than ten minutes warning a massive GBC sub-cap fleet attacked VFK-IV and was thrown back with heavy losses.
- Hours later, the next wave of the GBC attacks, similarly hammered back by IRON, more than one hundred and thirty ships are destroyed..
- Days of near ceasless attacks pass, but the losses for the GBC are as heavy as before when attacking VFK-IV.
- Similar attacks are launched against neighbouring systems with equal lack of success at first. However, the NC soon realise with the fall of one station system that the GBC only require to win a battle once. The instant a cynjmr falls several hundred Dreads flood the system and it would prove costly to retake it.
- Realizing that Tribute will be next, Razor and MM, two major forces in the NC alongside IRON come to an agreement to withdraw their forces to conserve fighting strength and stockpile massive supplies of warships and capitals in their home systems in exchange for assisting in providing IRON with a home after MAX Damage is over. This leaves IRON defending against the GBC with only the support of the minor NC members.
- Tiredness begins to tell
- IRON unable to sustain a fight on two fronts loses its holdings in Malpais to Legion of xXDeathXx whilst defending against GBC's MAX Campaign.. The Drone regions were surrended with IRON removing assets and jumpclones before the stations were lost.
- Handfuls of Solo-pilots remained, hunting and killing invading pilots in droves and the influx of hostiles to what was otherwise undefended space was suprisingly slow, almost a full was month taken to flip half the systems when there were no IRON defenders to small, offlined towers.
- Meanwhile, GBC's MAX Campaign starts to erode IRON sovereignty in Deklein.
- The final battle. IRON loses its sovereignty in Deklein due to overwhelming pressure from GBC's MAX Campaign. The fall of VFK-IV was considered the final battle for MAX against IRON and ended with IRON losing an Avatar class Titan.
- The total time for the GBC to take the six principle systems from IRON was Forty-two Days. This time proved Invaluable for the major NC Alliances in Tribute to prepare.
Post Max Damage
- The GBC go on to be defeated in Tribute by Razor and MM. The five weeks bought by IRON were put to good use.
- Vanguard Frontiers and Macabre Votum leave IRON, not wishing to remain in a homeless alliance.
In the face of intense pressure on the alliance executer to eject their corp for their poor performance, PsyCorp chose to leave IRON of their own volition on good terms.
- Bob failed to secure the whole of IRONs territory in Deklein. With the loss of VFK-IV and the VW7-YN Constellation. IRON was forced into a general retreat from the region and Bob moved on to engage in the Tribute area without removing IRON entirely. Sovereignty was maintained in UTQ-BO Constellation and specifically in JU-OWQ and in S-DN5M and the Corporation No Quarter returned to its Towers in these systems.
- IRON regroups its forces in Branch, and later Pure Blind, whilst the GBC focuses its attention on Tribute.
- G00DFELLAS take advantage of Band of Brothers successful assault on Deklein, and start a slow and limited assault on the region. Perceiving the threat of the NC having to deal with Triumvirate on the right, Band of Brothers on the Center, and a new power rising on the left, IRON decided to play a delay action that tied most of G00DFELLAS forces in Deklein for almost the duration of MAX Damage. Defence strategy was centralised around holding JU-OWQ, maintaining Soverignty and the Cyno Jammer. The forces of G00DFELLAS basing from ROIR-Y take almost four weeks to destroy a single Cynojammer, assault after assault of sniper and Remote-Rep battleships are reppeled by a cooridinated force of Starbase Gunners using the heavy weapons to massive effect.  
- The GBC order the retreat from Tribute. MAX Damage is over.
- Arkons of Myth, Eve Defence Force, NED-Clan, Rage of Inferno, and Samhain. join IRON, and assist with driving G00DFELLAS from Deklein. This was part of a wider northern coalition campaign to remove GBCs forces and legacy from the north.
- IRON sets up in Pure Blind, claiming stations in EC-P8R and P-2TTL and sovereignty through much of the region. P-2TTL and 5ZXX-K form thier bases, lessons learnt from MAX indicated the advantage of using NPC Stations for storage of resources.
- Member corporations No Quarter and KAOS. merge, to form EXTERMINATUS..
- IRON engage forces of TRI who have been entering Pure Blind. Many Towers on both sides are reinforced, often on a daily basis and fighting over them is intense.
- 70+ TRI Capitals are destroyed in one battle lasting over eight hours.
- Leadership Change
- PuppetmasterX and FotoFlame step down as IRON executors. They are replaced by an executive team consisting of Tyrol, Riley Kendrik, and NathanMoore.
- The new executive team pushes through a new piracy stance with a NBSI policy in low-sec, ostracizing the views maintained by the previous executive team and a large proportion of the alliance, as well as, after an alliance wide performance review, asking a number of IRON's smaller corporations to merge with larger corporations or leave, essentially forcing many corporations out.
- More than half of IRON leaves, including Arkons Of Myth, Exterminatus, Meltd0wn, Omega Enterprises, Rage Of Inferno and Sensus Numinus, before PuppetmasterX and Fotoflame step back in as executors again.
- Contrary to popular belief, IRON is still alive and fighting on.
More Information and Links
- The Imperial Republic of the North forums can be found here: IRON website.
- Their killboard can be found here: IRON killboard.
- An Infamous frigate Roaming gang that got a Carrier kill. Viewable on this Youtube Video.
- The CAOD announcement that IRON was Giving up on spaceholding, and going off to have some fun.
- ISD article on IRON's volatile leadership change from June 2009.