Improve POS missile batteries (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Title: Improve POS missile batteries
- Raised by: TeaDaze
- Submission Date: 14 March 2010
- Issue ID: ???
- Rejected by CCP - could be incorporated into a larger POS redesign
There are three kinds of missile battery for POS defence, cruise, torp, and citadel torp. Citadel cruise have recently been added to the game, but do not yet have a POS defence module associated with them. At the moment citadel torp batteries have a x12 range multiplier to serve in the ranged role.
Also missile batteries require CPU from the tower to be operational which makes them useless after a tower exits re-enforced mode.
Recreate the citadel cruise/citadel torp split for POS defences. Add a Citadel Cruise Battery module to provide long-ranged missile fire-power for POS towers. Remove some of the range bonuses from the Citadel Torpedo battery (for example drop it down to x2 velocity) and increase the DPS. Ensure that both are actually balanced against their turret counterparts.
Remove the need for CPU on POS missile batteries (or give another bonus to the Caldari towers to do this).
- Allows better choice of defences on POS towers
- People might have to actually worry about missile batteries instead of laughing at them
Relevant Forum Threads