Make Advanced Ship Assembly Arrays useful (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Title: Make Advanced Ship Assembly Arrays useful
- Raised by: Dierdra Vaal
- Submission Date: 11 September 2010
- Issue ID: ???
Advanced Ship Assembly Arrays (large, medium and small) allow pilots to build T2 ships at POSes. While the arrays build ships 25% faster than stations do, this comes at a 10% increased material cost. While this increased cost can still be profitable for well researched BPOs, ships built from BPCs will often be more expensive. There seems to be no good reason why building ships at a POS should more more expensive than building them in a station - especially since some T2 ships can only be built from BPCs.
This is particulary a problem for corporations who live in Wormhole space. They often need to do their T2 ship production in empire stations to avoid the higher cost
- In exchange for removing the 1.1 base material multiplier from advanced ship arrays, increase the base time multiplier to 1.
- Rename all the current Advanced Ship arrays to "Rapid" and introduce "Regular" speed manufacturing arrays.
- Give assembly arrays a slider that can be set by the array user to vary from 0.75 time, 1.1 material multiplyers to 1.25 time, 0.9 material multipliers. This will allow users to decide if they want to build fast and expensive, or cheap and slow (and anything in between).
- T2 ship manufacturing will be (more) profitable from POSes
- T2 ship manufacturing from BPCs will become more competitive to BPOs
- T2 ship prices may not change at all.
Relevant Forum Threads
- Dierdra Vaal > y
- Trebor Daehdoow > Y
- Mynxee > y
- Korvin > y
- TeaDaze > y
- Vuk Lau > y
- Elvenlord > y
- TeaDaze > 7 for