More Control Over Medals (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: Z0D
- Submission Date: 31 Mar 2010
- Issue ID: tbd
The medal mechanics could use some extra functions to improve usability and increase usage :
1) Re-request / request for information on an item previously accepted by CCP : Corps should be able to grant medals to players outside the corp. The reason for this is that alliances can then give medals to their members, without having to recreate the same thing over and over in all member corps. CEOs could also award people with medals for services rendered without requiring them to join the corp. Already brought this up last year and CCP said they would fix hopefully within the year. Well, the year is almost over and we do not see it happening any time soon. Do it now, especially when we get spacebook it would be nice to see the medals there! With the two-way contact lists we get in the future, medal-griefing (which CCP used as excuse not to implement this soon) can be prevented by only making medals grantable to people that acknowledge you as friend.
- To prevent out of corporation spam, awarding them within an alliance should have an increased fee.
- The player / corp receiving the medal(s) would have to be accepted, accepting a medal would then makes it public.
2) Medal text should be changable for a fee. Right now the only option is to make a new one, and have the borked medal clutter the medal list for all eternity.
3) Medals should be deletable (to prevent clutter) and revokable. Dishonorable discharge? Hand in your medals!
4) Request for information on a minor bug, which was reported, but CCP said working as intended: When a player deletes a medal from his list, it will not disappear and actually clutter the array for all eternity. In addition the medal cannot be granted again. Fix this.
- Medals foster immersion and identification with a game character's history. More control over medals improves the overall happiness.
- None observed as of player feedback.
Relevant Forum Threads
CSM Meeting Minutes