Neutral orcas in high sec wars (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: Dierdra Vaal
- Submission Date: 25 July 2010
- Issue ID: tbd
In high sec pvp (usually war decs) situations a neutral orca can be used to allow players who are flagged for pvp to switch ships in space, without the orca pilot being flagged as hostile. This is inconsistent with other situations where neutral pilots who assist in pvp (remote repping for example) become a valid target.
As the neutral orca is 'protected' by CONCORD, a player cannot do anything to prevent his opponent from using an orca alt to switch ships mid fight.
Here are several possible solutions to this problem:
- Make the orca pilot a valid target if a character with an aggression timer uses the ship maintenance bay (similar to the flagging rules of remote repairing)
- Disallow people with an aggression timer to use the corporate hangar and ship maintenance bay on a non-vulnerable Orca.
- Disallow people from with an aggression timer from boarding ships in space.
Of these, the second solution is most likely less exploit-prone than the first.
To clarify, the timer mentioned here is the same aggression timer that prevents docking/jumping.
- Neutral orcas that assist in pvp are no longer invulnerable
Relevant Forum Threads