POS labs and assemblies use by corp and alliance (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
The issue was withdrawn from the agenda.
- Raised by: Meissa Anunthiel
- Submission Date: 2009/06/14
- Issue ID: TBA
Summary of the Problem
- Using labs for personal production requires access to be given to the lab to the member of the corporation, leading to issues of "ownership" of datacores/etc. placed in the labs.
- "Renting" slots to alliance members is not possible except for things that do not require materials (ie, ME and PE)
The Proposed Solution
Pool slots available in online arrays/labs, present them as being "in station" just like the current station labs are and make them rentable. In essence, make any lab present in system function as an extension of station assemblies/labs, only limited to corp/alliance mates.
List of Pros and Cons
- Makes it possible to rent labs to corp members (without the trust issue of giving access to the physical lab) or alliance members (something just not possible right now).
- Labs & Arrays become less "juicy" targets in empire as they don't hold much. This problem is not much of one however as labs/arrays can be emptied fairly easily.
- This solution does not solve the problem in 0.0 where stations are not available.