All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
This article is written from an in-character/roleplay perspective. If you wish to contribute to this page, please refrain from making out-of-character (OOC) references.
Drafted by Rhavas.
Examine, gather data and understand the nature of the Seyllin Incident and the role of O1-to-A0 collapse blue stars, Isogen-5 and physics involved in its sparking and ongoing maintenance of the wormhole network. Determine the truth behind several seemingly conflicting sources.
On March 10, YC 111, the O1-Blue class star of the Seyllin system collapsed into an A0-Blue star (which did not in this case result in a Wolf-Rayet star), sending a massive wave of energy and plasma through a magnetic channel, blasting the barren planet Seyllin I to molten shards. Between seven and ten total anomalies were recorded on that day, leaving additional destroyed planets - henceforth known as "shattered planets" - in their wake. On Seyllin I alone, more than 400 million souls perished as a result of this disaster.
Years later, we know little more about exactly what caused it, though an isotope known as Isogen-5 is suspected to have played a role. We know that the level of energy involved was enough to open the wormhole network, but not how that reaction continues to be sustained as the holes open and close. We know that Isogen-5 may exist, but none has been seen in the open market, and we know nothing of its actual properties through study, just through anecdotes and guesses - some of which suggest that this power was weaponized by Empress Jamyl Sarum in her defeat of the Minmatar Elder fleet. We know that the anomalies occurred, but not how they occurred together in seeming synchronization, nor with absolute certainty how many events there were.
To make matters even more concerning, the governments of the Empires, and CONCORD in particular, have been remarkably silent on these matters.
Capsuleer Participation Needed
This project is actively underway and in need of assistance in the following areas:
- Miners: Isogen-rich ore samples (Omber, Kernite, Hedbergite or Gneiss) are needed from mining fields across the New Eden cluster. This effort is being overseen by Aechpee and targeted systems and progress are detailed on the Ore Sample Page.
- Explorers: Samples and camera drone captures from the L2 Lagrange point and umbra of 5-CSE3 I, Y0-BVN I, T-IPZB I and Barkrik I are also desired.
- Historians: Additional sources of data (for the historical and research sections below) on the Seyllin Incident are beneficial to expand the pool of knowledge for Eifyr analysis.
Through direct investigation, determine the relationship between O1 and A0 Blue stars, Isogen-5 and the Seyllin Incident, with the primary focus of understanding precisely how and why it occurred and how it is related to the wormhole network, including the actions of any organized group, with the intent of preventing or mitigating through control procedures future such potential disasters.
Understand the specific physics behind the Seyllin Incident, including:
- Role of and dependency on the O1 Blue star class
- Role of and dependency on the A0 Blue star class
- Determination of typical collapse patterns in O1 Blue stars and how these were altered in these events
- Role of and dependency on Isogen-5 isotope in the initial blast and wormhole creation
- Sources of Isogen-5
- Capabilities of Isogen-5
- Market availability of Isogen-5 in natural sources (i.e. along common Isogen in standard ores)
- Amount of energy required for initial hole openings and amount provided by Isogen-5
- Investigation of similarity between weapon that decimated the Elder Fleet at Sarum Prime III and the Seyllin Incident
- Seyllin Incident mechanics
- Confirmation of exact numbers of anomalies and whether they did or did not result in k-space shattered planets, including resolutions of the "should be shattered" worlds.
- Confirmation of whether the Seyllin event was a single event with harmonically-triggered sympathetic partners (i.e. quantum theory) or a simultaneously-timed group of separate events.
- Whether the two Anoikis shattered planets were or were not simultaneous with the Seyllin event.
- Harmonics of ongoing k-space wormhole generation
- Why they open where they do when they do
- How the ongoing reappearance is fueled without obvious power source
Determine definitive answers to anomalous information in previous research, including but not limited to:
- Veracity of The Seyllin Report
- Veracity of and source of the suspected CONCORD Control video
- Role of various governments and factions in lead-up to and reaction to the Seyllin Incident.
A handful of direct historical reports were produced during the incident. Some of these reports (particularly the supposed CONCORD video) are of uncertain veracity.
- Official CONCORD Historical Record of March YC 111
- Assembled report of events during the day of the Seyllin Incident (World on Fire chronicle)
- Supposed Video Capture of CONCORD Monitoring Station. This video clearly shows the 10-anomaly issue. Of particular note is the system 5-CSE3 visible at the 0:34 mark, which does not in fact have a shattered planet.
Research Reports - Pre-Arek'Jaalan
A significant amount of investigation and theorization was done on this topic between the Seyllin Incident and Hilen Tukoss' announcement of the Arek'Jaalan Initiative. Project Tesseract is largely about filling in the gaps and reconciling the remaining questions of the below research.
- The Seyllin Report, by Dr Amira. This also notes 10 anomalies, presumably based on the "CONCORD video" above. Includes detailed factual data, analysis and speculation.
- The Shattered Planets Datacore (analysis and account of visits to all shattered planets and several related), by Rhavas. This Datacore link includes findings and analysis across all of the specific expedition entries noted below. Systems in [brackets] are referred to but not visited. Specific expedition reports:
- Part 1: Research. Introductory information.
- Part 2: Gates. New Eden (Eve Gate), Dead End (Monolith), Vitrauze, J140332.
- Part 3: Immolation. Seyllin, J164104 (C3 Shattered), [EAWE-2].
- Part 4: The Case Against Jamyl Sarum and Sansha Kuvakei. Sarum Prime (Mekhios), Tash-Murkon Prime.
- Part 5: Saminer. Saminer, J125016 (Cataclysmic Variable).
- Part 6: Table Talk. FDZ4-A, Roua.
- Part 7: Synchronicity. 35-RK9, 3HQC-6, J123432 (Red Giant).
- Part 8: The Silence of the Grave. SL-YBS, Z8-81T.
- Part 9: Scene of the Crime. T-IPZB, J112948 (Black Hole), J140135 (Pulsar).
- Part 10: Loose Ends. Geztic, Barkrik, [Vellaine], [Crielere]. Also references to particle accelerators.
- Part 11: CONCORD's Fine Print. Y0-BVN, [5-CSE3], [R79-I7]. Also letter "from CONCORD" regarding the 10-anomaly issue.
- Part 12: The Hidden Fire. J115422 (C5 Shattered).
- Logs of the Seyllin Conferences
- Related visits and analyses by Mark726 of Eve Travel:
- Journal of the Intaki Ladies' Deep Space Astrogation Auxiliary memorial Shattered Planets tour
Research Reports - Post-Arek'Jaalan
Since the formation of the Arek'Jaalan Initiative, some other reports, or revisions of previous findings, have surfaced.
- Arek'Jaalan Report on the Geztic Mysterious Shuttle
- Hyperbole Nexus in Barkrik, by Mark726
- Shattered Additions by Rhavas
- Official Arek'Jaalan Shattered Planets Datacore
- Import or link to all critical data on the Seyllin Incident and shattered planets.
- Gather samples from A0 Blue systems, especially those with shattered planets. Samples to be gathered from corona, solar wind, planet I upper atmosphere and L1 and L2 Lagrange points
- Gather spectral analysis data from visitied A0 Blue systems.
- Gather rock samples from orbiting debris around each shattered planet.
- Gather debris samples from related sites, including the Mekhios and T-IPZB Graveyards
- Gather mined Isogen-rich ore samples (Omber, Kernite, Hedbergite or Gneiss) from multiple sites in multiple regions for content comparison purposes, focusing on A0 Blue and especially shattered planet and "associated world" systems. Also gather comparative samples from O1 Blue systems.
- Investigate other A0 Blue star systems for potentially unexploded caches
- Engage Eifyr to analyze and report upon:
- Isogen/Isogen-5 data from all ore samples
- Chemical makeup, similarities and anomalies among and between spectral samples
- Anomalous data and sources regarding the 10-anomaly controversy and determination of whether the anomalies were "wave triggered" or individually triggered
- Likely sources of energy to maintain current wormhole reopening cycle
- Enlist aid from Hilen Tukoss as needed to investigate governmental and faction involvement questions
- Import or link to all critical data on the Seyllin Incident and shattered planets. (Complete/Ongoing)
- Gather samples from A0 Blue systems, especially those with shattered planets. Samples to be gathered from corona, solar wind, planet I upper atmosphere and L1 and L2 Lagrange points. (Complete/Ongoing)
- Gather spectral analysis data from visitied A0 Blue systems. (Complete/Ongoing)
- Gather rock samples from orbiting debris around each shattered planet. (Complete)
- Gather debris samples from related sites, including the Mekhios and T-IPZB Graveyards (Complete)
- Gather mined Isogen-rich ore samples (Omber, Kernite, Hedbergite or Gneiss) from multiple sites in multiple regions for content comparison purposes, to be submitted to Eifyr (Acquisition In Progress)
- Investigate other A0 Blue star systems for potentially unexploded caches in coronal L2 Lagrange point of planet I (Started/In Progress)
- Investigation completed at Geztic
- Other locations ongoing. Y0-BVN and Barkrik should be top priority.
Eifyr Analysis Request Detail
Samples submitted to Eifyr for analysis and reporting (Active, Waiting for Response) regarding:
- Isogen/Isogen-5 data
- Confirmation or denial of and size of content of Isogen-5 by locational capture (sun, planet 1, L2 Lagrange, gates of system)
- Analysis of Isogen vs. Isogen-5 levels in naturally-occuring sample ores. Comparison of A0s with and without shattered planets, A0 "associated worlds", and alternate samples from other sun types, especially O1 and Wolf-Rayet systems
- Analysis of properties of naturally-occuring Isogen-5 if discovered, including properties and implications of those properties
- Analysis of potential quantum impacts based on those findings
- Analysis of potential magnetic properties
- Analysis of decay properties, half-life and radioactivity
- Analysis of implications of mining Isogen-5
- Analysis of potential negative-mass driver properties
- A0 Blue chemical makeup, similarities and anomalies
- Analysis of chemical and spectral makeup from sun local, planet 1 and entry gate samples from A0 shattered and non-shattered samples submitted
- Analysis of commonalities and implications of those commonalities
- Analysis of differences between shattered and non-shattered suns
- Analysis of potential interaction between A0 chemical and spectral findings with Isogen-5 findings
- Veracity of sources of "10-anomaly" data
- Review of CONCORD video (likely sources, frame-by-frame analysis for fake inserts or anomalous presentation that does not match CONCORD standards)
- Review of The Seyllin Report for accuracy based on Republic, CONCORD or other accessible records
- Investigation of whereabouts of Dr Amira
- Comparative analysis of sample content of shattered planet worlds vs. Y0-VBN and 5-CSE3 samples
- Analysis of "wave triggered" or individually triggered event
- Comparative review of Isogen-5 and O1 & A0 data above to determine whether Isogen caches were local to all sources or only a subset
- Review of CONCORD video for potential clues in timing
- Review of Republic, Federation or CONCORD records for specific anomaly impact timing (did they truly happen simultaneously or in a chain - and if a chain, in what order?)
- Likely sources of energy to maintain current wormhole reopening cycle
- Review of Isogen-5 and A0 data to determine likely sources of initial energy
- Analysis of amount of energy and mass required to initiate the wormholes known today
- Analysis of amount of energy and mass required to maintain ongoing wormhole collapse and creation
- Generation of commentary and theory for further capsuleer investigation on sources of energy that are maintaining current wormhole dynamics
- Enlist aid from Hilen Tukoss as needed to investigate governmental and faction involvement questions (On hold pending outcome of Eifyr analysis)
- Request for further comment on both documents by CONCORD, Minmatar Republic, Gallente Federation and Caldari State officials
- Facilitate request for temporary visa to Jove space for examination of and gathering samples from PE1-R1 and R79-I7
Budget and Assistance Required
- Support from Eifyr for data analysis and response
- Support from Hilen Tukoss for political efforts
- Support from Acquisitions Division for Isogen mining sample gathering
- CA Support if full importation of documents is required
- Capsuleer assistance in editing and adding to source material links
- Support in potential political considerations