All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
A projectile turret is a turret which launches a ballistic, gyroscopically stabilized round. Projectile turrets are relatively low-tech, and are the primary weapon of Minmatar ships. Like missiles, they require no capacitor to fire.
Projectile turrets are available in short range and long range varieties.
- 1 Autocannons
- 2 Artillery
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages
- 4 Ammunition
- 4.1 Tech 1 Ammo
- 4.2 Faction Ammo
- 4.3 Tech 2 Ammo
Autocannons provide high damage at close range compared to their Artillery counterparts, with a higher rate of fire and better tracking. While Autocannons do less damage than other turrets, they boast impressive falloff ranges and can do multiple damage types.
Artillery cannons are long ranged weapons which possess impressive volley damage. It is not unusual to see a Tempest or Maelstrom do 4,000 to even 6,000 damage in one alpha strike. Unfortunately, artillery deals relatively little damage over time due to a low rate of fire, have low tracking speeds, and are often difficult to fit due to high powergrid requirements.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Projectile turrets are capable of dealing varied types of damage simply by changing ammunition. Since they use no capacitor to fire, projectile turrets will continue firing even when under the effects of Nosferatus or Energy Neutralizers.
Like all turrets, the range and damage dealt by a Projectile turret is dependant on the ammunition loaded into it, which is available in four sizes: Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large, which load into the corresponding turret sizes (for example, the Battleship-class 800mm Repeating Artillery uses Large ammo) . In the case of Projectile turrets, the ammunition also changes the damage types dealt . There are eight types of Tech 1 ammunition with 3 Faction variants, and four types of Tech 2 ammunition (a high-damage and a high-range variant for both Autocannons and Artillery).
Tech 1 Ammo
Tech 1 Ammo, from highest to lowest damage and lowest to highest range:
- EMP - an advanced warhead that emits a strong Electromagnetic Pulse. Deals high EM and Explosive damage, along with some Kinetic.
- Phased Plasma - Essentially the plasma core from a Hybrid charge housed in a standard cannon shell. Deals very high Thermal damage, along with some kinetic.
- Fusion - A highly explosive warhead. Similar to the Phased Plasma charge, but has a slightly higher range and deals Explosive instead of Thermal damage.
- Titanium Sabot - a small warhead attached to a solid, long-rod, kinetic-energy penetrator. Deals Kinetic and Explosive damage in a 2:1 ratio.
- Depleted Uranium - an incendiary, penetrating charge. A 'Jack-of-all-trades' charge, featuring a moderate damage output - dealing all damage types but EM -with moderate range.
- Nuclear - a normal cannon charge with a nuclear warhead. Deals Explosive, along with some Kinetic damage.
- Carbonized Lead - a simple lead charge in a crystalline carbon jacket. Deals Kinetic and Explosive damage in equal quantities.
|Small 40px||Medium 40px||Large 40px|
The 3 Faction Ammo variants are
- Arch Angel, +10% damage
- Domination, +20% damage
- Republic Fleet, +15% damage
Tech 2 Ammo
ADAC (Advanced Autocannon) Ammunition:
- Hail - An advanced Titanium Sabot shell with Depleted Uranium submunitions. Decreases capacitor recharge as extra power must be routed to the maneuvering thrusters due to massive recoil. Large amounts of Explosive damage, with some Kinetic as well.
- Barrage - Standard Nuclear ammunition with a Morphite-enhanced warhead. Deals nearly equal amounts of Explosive and Kinetic damage, but deals the same DPS as a standard EMP round with 2x the optimal range and 1.5x the falloff.
ADAR (Advanced Artillery) Ammunition:
- Quake - an upgraded Titanium Sabot charge with a much higher mass. Greately reduces optimal range, but provides small bonus to tracking.
- Tremor - advanced, extremely long ranged ammunition. Slows down turret tracking to achieve higher accuracy, which makes it useless for short-range conflicts. Deals damage in a ratio between Nuclear and Carbonized Lead.
|Small 40px||Medium 40px||Large 40px|