Reconnect to lost drones (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: TeaDaze
- Submission Date: Sun, Feb 07, 2010
- Issue ID: tbd
When a ship with drones deployed disconnects or warps off the drones become inactive.
Whilst it is possible to relog and/or warp back to the drones it requires you to get within 2.5km and scoop to drone bay to recover them. Usually in this time rats will have destroyed the drones. It is rather unfair on drone boats to lose their primary weapon system due to external factors (crashes, fleet warps etc).
A button or drop-down menu selection that reconnects to the player's "lost" drones providing all the following conditions are met.
- Player "lost" drones due to warping out (either manual/fleet warp or disconnect emergency warp).
- Player is back on grid (within drone control range)
- Player didn't manually abandon the drones.
- Player hasn't docked or changed systems (doing so will technically abandon the drones).
- Player reconnects to the drones within 10 mins (due to signal decay the drones will become abandoned after this time period).
- Player hasn't launched additional drones (doing so will abandon the old set).
- After a disconnect it is possible to reconnect to drones without having to get within 2.5km of them.
- Less people losing T2 drones after crash to desktop in missions.
- Drone boats caught in fleet warps can recover drones more quickly.
- Whilst it seems simple it might require tricky coding.
- Potentially allows easier setup of sniping sentry drones by warping out and back at different ranges.
Relevant Forum Threads
CSM Meeting Minutes