Scan-able wrecks&containers for the salvager profession(1.2) (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: Song Li
- Submission Date: Friday, January 15, 2009
- Issue ID: tbd
Make wrecks and containers scan-able with core scan probes to boost salvager as a profession.
Make it so that deadspace areas cover the sig. radius of wrecks, just like deadspace areas did before during the old scanning system to ships signature radius, so that wrecks in deadspace areas are more difficult to scan down than wrecks in open space
- This would strengthen the salvager as independent profession and would allow them to scan for the wrecks that are left behind by mission runners, rather than the need to scan for the active mission runner in his mission.
- This would ease on the relation ship between mission runners and salvagers as the salvager does not need to salvage the wrecks under the eyes of an active mission runner, especially since the mission runners still think that salvage belongs to them, which is not the case as stated by CCP several times.
- It would also relieve the database from maintaining left behind wrecks for the full two hours and could works as player driven "database cleaning" of objects.
- May create additional database load from scanning
- May confuse scanning interface with plethora of returns
Relevant Forum Threads
- Probe type should be Combat
CSM Meeting Minutes
- ElvenLord - yes
- Alekseyev Karrde - yes
- Zastrow J - yes
- TeaDaze - yes
- Mrs Trzzbk - no
- Helen Highwater - yes
- Z0D - yes
- Song Li - yes
- Sokratesz - yes