Self destruct and logoff timer mechanics (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Title: Self destruct and logoff timer mechanics
- Raised by: mazzilliu
- Submission Date: 10 September 2010
- Issue ID: ???
If you log off, or self destruct while aggressed, and then you get shot, your self destruct, or logoff timer resets to the maximum value.
if a player logs off and is probed down and shot, or self destructs, the countdown to disappearing resets to 15 minutes, and the countdown to self destruct resets to 2 minutes respectively. This prevents ships with high HP from abusing logoff mechanics to become essentially invincible against all gangs below a certain size.
- less abuse of logoff tactics while fighting, legitimate logging off is not harmed because if you are able to log off in a safe spot unaggressed and enough distance away from probes, it is unlikely that you will be killed. but if you are aggressed and log off, then disappearing timers cannot rescue you from a legitimate combat situation
- killmails for self destructing supercaps \o/
- Someone could legitimately crash while already fighting and die due to this timer resetting. This is somewhat of an edge case, because in order for this change to be "unfair" to the person, it would have to be a legitimate crash, and their ship would have to have been able to withstand the damage being dealt for the duration of the old static 15 minute timer.
- scrub tears because someone got a killmail on top of their losing a 20 bil ship. or is that a pro?
Relevant Forum Threads