Sentry drone skill change proposal (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Title: T2 Sentry Drone Skill Inconsistency
- Raised by: Sokratesz (Character)
- Submission Date: 8 Dec 2009
- Issue ID: ?
This issue was brought to my attention by a concerned citizen during the campaign phase of the CSM elections and it seemed so obvious that I couldn’t do anything but promise that I would bring it up. This is a recap from an old thead by that person in order to poll support at this time.
Since the introduction of Tech-2 sentry drones there has been a major inconsistency in EVE’s drone line-up: they are the only Tech-2 drones that do not require the race-specific “drone specialization” skill. A few very easy solutions:
1) Make the racial specialization skills affect T2 sentries, giving them at best 10% better DPS than they have now.
2) Make the racial specialization skill affect T2 sentries, but reduce base damage a little so they don't come out much more powerful than they are now.
3) Give the racial specialization skill some sort of other bonus for sentry drones – tracking or range or something, leaving base DPS the same but improving effective DPS versus faraway or moving targets.
Relevant Forum Threads
- ElvenLord - yes
- Alekseyev Karrde - yes
- Zastrow J - no
- TeaDaze - no
- Mrs Trzzbk - no
- Korvin - no
- Z0D - yes
- Song Li - no
- Sokratesz - yes