Spreading Out Missionrunners (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
- Raised by: Ankhesentapemkah
- Submission Date: 12 June 2010
- Meeting ID: 5.003
- Issue ID: tbd
One of the frequently stated intentions is to spread out players in high security space, and prevent large clusters of mission-runners to occupy a system.
Unfortunately, CCP's approach has been to add more agents for overused corps/factions. This gives these corporations an advantage over others, causing more players to flock to systems with agents beloning to these factions.
Recently, CCP has changed the automated load-balancing system, but this only makes more agents useless as agents have a very strong preference to send players to low-sec systems now. This again has an opposite effect, it drives players back to existing mission hubs in deep high-sec.
In my opinion, the correct approach to this problem is to make other corporations more attractive for mission running and balancing the agent distribution between the factions.
- Bringing agent quantity and type inline between the big four: Caldari currently has an absurd advantage over the other factions due to the overabundance of good combat agents.
- Adding agents for factions which are not the big four: Sisters of Eve, Khanid Kingdom, Ammatar Mandate, Interbus.
- Changing the standing matrix to make factions such as Thukker Tribe and Intaki Syndicate more attractive.
- Adding more (LP shop) incentives to run missions for lowsec/0.0 factions such as ORE, Mordus Legion, Intaki Syndicate.
- Rebalancing mission hubs, players should have to choose between either a single high-quality agent or multiple low-quality agents, not both.
- Reduces server load (Hurray!)
- Gives players more options
- Most solutions are extremely easy to implement
- Encourages players to move around more instead of staying in one place
- Can't think of any
Relevant Forum Threads