T3 Refitting inside Wspace (CSM)
All this data is potentially out of date, and should be taken with a truckload of salt
A unique feature of T3 ships is that ability to change subsystems to choose slot layout, bonuses, the number of Turrets/Launchers and even choose special things like the ability to warp cloaked, and/or the ability to defy Interdiction Bubbles.
In theory, a player needs only one T3 hull with a collection of subsystems and modules to handle a number of different scenarios. However at the moment T3 ships can only be refitted in station and not via the fitting service from a pos, carrier, orca etc. This makes it impossible to fit or change the subsystems inside a wormhole system.
- Allow players to change subsystems on a T3 ship inside w-space having been initially assembled in a normal space station.
This would be using structures like the Ship Maintenance Array or ship fitting services from a carrier, orca etc. It is a compromise which would be well received by the whole community of w-space colonists.
- Enable the assembly or T3 ships and swapping of T3 subsystems at a POS Module.
This could be via an existing structure like the ship maintenance array or subsystem assembly array (as used to create T3 hulls and subsystems) or via a new module.
- Enable swapping T3 subsystems at ship fitting service (carrier, orca, etc).
Additional but related change
- Enable loading fits at ship maint array or ship fitting service providing the modules are in your hold (or in corp hanger in the case of a carrier).
- Will make people in w-space use their T3 ships as designed
- Will make lots of people living in w-space happier
- Less reasons for w-space residents to enter k-space